Biblical principals are the foundation for the creation of wealth (Deut 28)
10.1 – The ACDP shares the following economic objectives with all South Africans:
- A peaceful and crime-free society;
- A substantially lower uniform tax rate;
- Marked improvement in the value of the Rand;
- Greater employment and self-employment opportunities;
- High growth rates for the South African economy;
- Improved quality of life for all, especially, the poor.
10.2 – The ACDP is therefore committed to:
- Profligate spending and corruption in the public sector will be dealt with immediately;
- Reducing government debt and spending;
- Job creation and economic growth through an open-market policy;
- Becoming competitive in a global economy and a global market by reducing red tape and labour rigidities;
- State enterprise operating in open competition with private providers;
- Doing away with complicated tax forms, laws and expensive monitoring mechanisms.
State enterprise will be required to operate in open competition with private providers. They will ensure their continued existence by providing a superior service to the public.
The party is totally committed to ensure fair taxation, including the possibility of economic transaction taxes.
The present taxation system in the country is considered excessive by majority of the taxpayers and has resulted in hindering creativity and initiative by penalising success.
Self-interest is a powerful motivating force and there is no doubt that people will work harder, longer and produce better quality workmanship when a taxation system allows them to retain a far greater share of the fruits of their labour.